Monday, January 5, 2009

CHALLENGE

Ok, so I have about two weeks left to hang out with you guys. I also have the pleasure of giving you grades! Most of you have been working steadily, maybe not on the assignments I have given you, but working steadily. I want to remind you of what goes into coming up with your grades. 70% of your grade comes from your class work, including assignments, class participation and behavior. The other 30% of your grade is from your sketchbook and blog. I was pretty easy on you last marking period, but I will be tougher this time.

I am going to offer you a chance to boost your grade. Starting January 1st, I started posting at least 1 picture per day to my personal blog, and I plan to do it for the rest of the year. I did this once before, in 2007 and I learned a lot about myself, and refined my photo skills quite a bit. What I would like to see from you is two weeks. Starting Tomorrow, Tuesday the 6th, I'd like to see at least one NEW picture posted to your blog every day. That's NEW picture (and I know how to check), not something from last Summer or last month...NEW. I think most of you in my darkroom classes have digital cameras as well, so here is your chance to use them. If you don't have access to a digital camera, we can discuss it. I don't want you to stop shooting and printing film. This is extra credit, I still want you to continue the projects you are working on.
I'll discuss all of this with you in class tomorrow.
Thanks!

No comments: