Wednesday, October 22, 2008

APERTURE IN ACTION

Here are some samples of shots taken on Tuesday while discussing aperture settings and their effect on the depth of field. It is easy to see how much difference there is here. Please pay attention to how the shutter speed is effected by the different aperture settings.

The first shot was shot at f/22 @ 1/5th of a second.... I was lucky here that neither Cameron or Liz were moving, and I have a steady hand. Usually if the shutter speed is 1/5th of a second, there will be blur from movement. Notice, that at a small aperture opening like this, pretty much everything is in focus.
The second shot was shot at f6.3 @ 1/60th of a second. Notice that we are starting to loose Liz (oh the irony).But there is still some detail.
Finally, this shot was taken at f/1.4 @ 1250th of a second. Liz has now lost all focus.
I hope you guys don't mind my picking on you. Thanks for being my test subjects.

No comments: