Wednesday, October 29, 2008

INSPIRATION

The sky has been a constant source of inspiration lately... have you noticed the amazing clouds in just the past few days?This first image is an example of aperture and shutter speed working together. I wanted the whole scene to be in focus, so that means a small aperture was in order. It was starting to get dark, so if I wanted to shoot at f/16 to get a wide depth of field, my shutter speed had to be about 1/2 second. I knew I could not hold steady for this long without some shake, so I supported the camera on the dock, and exposed for 1/2 second. This worked well because it created a smoothing blur of the water, which makes the picture a little softer, and less busy. This allows your eye to travel through the picture with more ease... in my opinion, of course.

2 comments:

Claire Inie Richards said...

Hola, so I've posted the first two images of a slew of them coming your way :)

Zach Larmer said...

i like these shots a lot.

nice use of color for sure.