Friday, October 17, 2008

DNG Converter

I have taken some time today to address the problem that those of you shooting RAW digital files have been having. I have installed a DNG converter to the mac lab computers. I will save this tool to the dock on each computer so it is easy to find. It is very easy to use, and once you open it, you should have no problem converting your different RAW files to a generic "DNG" or digital negative file, which photoshop will recognize. You will then be able to open your files in Bridge (Photoshop's RAW workstation) and experience the benefits of working with RAW images as opposed to JPG files that are pre adjusted by your camera.
To test this out I stole one of Erik S's files and did some work on it....I hope you don't mind Erik.
This is the file as it was shot....

and after some tweaking....

No comments: