Thursday, October 30, 2008

SELF PORTRAIT

Ok, the basics are out there, and I am sure most of you are still scratching your heads about the whole manual camera thing. That's ok. keep what you have learned in your head, and keep referring back to it as you continue to shoot. It will all click at some point. Like I have said, I had embarked on a professional career in photography, and was still teaching myself exactly what difference an aperture made in my life. But I expect more for each of you!
What I am noticing many of you forgetting, which is very important, is to make sure you have a proper exposure. You need to pay attention to your light meters. If you forget how to read your specific meter, let me know. It is getting colder out, and you will probably be shooting inside more....and that means more difficult lower light. Please don't be afraid to ask questions. What I would like you to work on is a self portrait. Now, I am NOT talking about a Myspace, hold the camera at arm's length over your head and shoot type self portrait. I am not interested in seeing how sexy, or handsome you can look after practicing in the mirror for a while. I am not even interested in necessarily even seeing your faces. I want to see a representation of you. It can be a picture of you, but I want it to tell me something about you. please be creative and, as always, keep your elements of composition in mind. I would like to see these in at least a rough form next week. PLEASE!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

woah. this is freakin awesome.

Madi Snow said...

Thats awesome :D
Very cool mr.R

Zach Larmer said...

i love this.

i just did self portraits.

i do believe you saw them.

shall i do some more?

Corrine said...

hey mr. reederrr.
so i definetly cannot find the school pictures.
i thought they were on your site, but im completely lost.
can you hellpp mee?!
:D
i miss you and class so much!

MrReederCPFA said...

Hey Corrine, we miss you too. I hope everything is going ok.
I actually just posted the Upper School pictures, so you can go and look now!